This position is for an energetic, dependable, detail-oriented, and organized team player who needs minimal motivation and supervision.
RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Install, configure, and maintain desktops, laptops, network printers, and all-in-one devices
• Setup, configure, and support network-related equipment, such as routers, switches, firewalls, and access points
• Complete minor repairs, upgrades, installation and testing of systems hardware and software
• Removal of spyware, viruses, worms, and other malicious software from computers
• Compliance to all IT operational policies and the change management process
• Provide support for all MS Office applications (excluding Access) and Windows XP
• Ensure operational documentation and work instructions are complete and up-to-date
• Perform PC hardware and software preventative maintenance
• Ensure all trouble tickets are detailed, accurate and completed in a timely fashion
• Support our centrally managed anti-virus/anti-malware solution
• Complete backup administration and support, including: configuration, daily checks, failure and recovery, review of daily backup reports and maintenance of daily logs
• Successfully manage time, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
• Stay current with changing technologies
• Minimum five years of information technology experience (network administration, support, help desk, etc)
• Minimum of two years network administration experience in a Windows Server environment
• Minimum of two years experience maintaining a trouble ticket queue
• Minimum one year of SBS administration experience
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to successfully interact with all levels of the business staff
• Ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines
• An MCP is required
• Experience installing, configuring, administering and supporting the following technologies: Windows XP, Windows 2003 Server, SBS 2003, Active Directory, Office XP/2003, Exchange 2003, Symantec Backup Exec or similar backup solution, WSUS
• Experience with any centrally managed business class anti-virus/anti-malware solution (McAfee, Symantec, Trend Micro, etc)
• Must have a professional appearance, good customer service skills, and dependable transportation.
This is a full-time position reporting directly to the IT Manager. Standard working hours are Monday through Friday, 7am-4pm or 8am-5pm. Some overtime may be required occasionally. Candidates will be required to complete a pre-hire drug screening, technology assessments and background check.
To apply, please click the Apply Now button above.